The Checklist For An H1-B Visa
H1-B is a working visa for individuals applying to work in the US. It is valid up to 6 years. Wonder what all documents you need to prepare beforehand in order to get an H1-B visa? Well, whether you are already in the US or are planning to head out to it, we are here with the most exclusive checklist for an H1-B VISA. If you are a student on F-1 Visa, the process of transition from F-1 Visas to H-1B Visas is right here! But for now, let us have a look at the Checklist for an H1-B VISA:
Checklist for an H1-B VISA
- Your current passport as well as any old passport you may have
- Your most recent photograph x 1
- Confirmation page of Form DS-160 with CEAC bar code that you submitted online.
- VISA Fees (To be paid in advanced)
- Original Appointment letter plus one photocopy
- I – 129 Petition Receipt #, printed on the approved Form I-129 petition along with a copy of the approval of your I-797 Form.
The supporting documents that will be required along with the mandatory documents are:
- Original Form I-129 plus one copy
- A letter from your employer which lists down your reason for hire and your anticipated duties.
- Letters of work experience from your previous employers which state your work history, the degree of experience and skill set.
- Original Degree certificates along with any mark sheet and/or transcript
- Related diplomas and certifications you have done.
- Photocopies of first, last and remarks page of your most recent passport
- All previous passports even if they have not been used for travel
- Any evidence of extension of legal status in the US
- Payroll stubs from your current or last place of employment and any income tax returns
For Returning Employees:
If you have previously worked in the US, then you will be required to submit the following documents as a part of the checklist For An H1-B Visa:
- Your IRS Form 1040 and W-2 Forms for all duration of employment in the US
- Your pay slips as well as monthly bank statements of the last 12 months
- A letter from petitioner, if applicable, stating reason for failure to pay approved wages in the specific duration
- Your resume
- The names, post and contact numbers of personnel managers at your current and previous places of employment
For First Time Applicants:
If you are a first-time applicant, then the following documents are also required:
- Names and contact information of the personnel managers at your current and previous places of employment
- Photographs of the inside as well as outside of the places of employment
- Names and contact numbers of at least 2 co-workers from your current as well as past places of employment
- A complete resume and cover letter describing the job description of the current place of employment
- Personal bank records for the past 6 months
- The photographs of the inside and outside of the company you are applying for in the US, as well as prospectus, brochures, and annual reports included
- Your resume and CV.
The presence of all of these documents, photographs, and copies are necessary if you want to have a smooth process of application for H1B Visa. Following this Chceklist for an H1-B Visa, prepare your U.S. Immigration Application Today!