The United States attracts the best and brightest people of the world because of its culture of freedom and innovation. The H1B Visa the desired non-immigrant visa for these foreign workers in specialty occupations to work in the United States. H1B visa lottery applies to most employers. Here are the significant steps in the process
Search for a suitable candidate
- To sponsor an h1b visa holder, the job must be a specialty position
- Create an account with WVS and scout for candidates matching your job criteria (responsibilities, skills and experience) by viewing their profiles.
File the Labor Certification application
- After successfully finding and confirming a candidate, employer first needs to file a Labor Certification Application
- When the LCA is approved, the Department of Labor (DOL) will return a certified copy to the H1B sponsoring company.
- After the DOL accepts the LCA, the company can now file for the employee’s H1B visa application.
Assembling and Reviewing the H1B Visa petition
- The filing must include the required forms, fees, documents and information; form I-129, education & experience evaluation & documents, training certificates, professional memberships, resume, employment agreement and letter of support.
- Work visas will assist you in properly assembling and filing the petition by thoroughly reviewing the application
File the petition with USCIS and wait for it to be processed
- Processing times vary depending upon service center and the visa. It could be a few months wait.
- If the H1B employer can show a substantial need for the employee, USCIS might approve the petition sooner.
- Employment cannot begin, however, until USCIS has issued the appropriate visa
Tracking the status of the petition
- The sponsoring company is sent a receipt by the USCIS Service Centre containing a 9 digit reference number pertaining to that particular case which confirms that the petition is in the adjudicating queue.
- This is then mailed to the applicant, notifying him/her of this receipt and outlining information on processing times etc.
- Generally a case will be approved within or on the designated time frame outlined in the USCIS receipt.
- An approval notice (Form I-797) is issued to the petitioner which shows dates of validity for the foreign worker to work in H1B status for the petitioner .