This information covers some commonly asked questions about the H-1B or L-1 Visa process.  For more subscribe to our YouTube Channel.


1. Is WorkVisas affiliated with the U.S Government?

We are a private immigration consultancy firm, specialized in corporate U.S immigration laws. In the case of work visa applications, the services we offer are preparation and presentation of an application on behalf of our clients. We only represent American businesses for H-1B applications, or International businesses for L-1 applications.

2. Can an H1B visa petition be filed while I am residing out of the U.S/working in India?

Yes, it is. Your employer can apply for the H-1B on your behalf while you are residing outside of the U.S. Once approved, you would obtain the H-1B entry visa stamp at an American Consulate and enter the U.S. in that status.

3. How do I increase my chances of getting an H1b visa ?

Get your education in the United States and major in a STEM field – and pick up a business double major, or at least a minor. You are your own biggest advocate and technical and business skills are in crazy demand in the United States – then be really passionate about why you want to be in the USA.

4. Why should I get my Visa reviewed by software?

Immigration policies are often complex and difficult to follow, with some rules being quite ambiguous. The code we build develops over time to increase application efficiency and data management to remain in status.  RFEs are handled with ease, application data is protected and easily accessed, and amendments, extensions and then, you can look for your dream job on the system.

5. How do I pay for the services ?

Workvisas accept money orders, certified cheques, company cheques and credit card payments from the customers. Corporate clients may also pay via bank wire transfer. We also accept VISA and Mastercard credit cards.  We do not charge the visa holder for applications – maybe one day we will pass along a data management charge – once the value of the code justifies – but maybe just keep it free.

6. How fast can I get my Visa?

The amount of time required to obtain H-1B status varies according to circumstances at the USCIS. Some applicants receive approval in as few as 30 days, others may wait much longer. If employers are willing to pay an additional $1,225, they can get “premium processing” of the I-129 petition, which guarantees a decision within 15 days of filing, or within 15 days of a response to a Request For Evidence, should one be issued.

7. Can I change jobs once I obtain my visa?

H1b visa status allows for portability, for those subject to the cap.  So you can keep looking for your best job while in H1b status, and maybe even while your PERM is pending.

8. How Long Can I stay in the U.S on an H1B?

H-1B visa can initially be issued for 3 years and be extended for another 3 years (total 6 years). However, you may be able to stay longer if you apply for permanent residency (Green Card) while holding an H-1B visa. But, it is important you apply for the Green Card by the second year of your extension.

9. If I do not receive a visa, do I get a refund?

No. USCIS charge the visa fee irrespective of whether they issue a visa or not. The application fee quiet substantial – businesses are taking a real investment in the H-1B visa holder – If it pays off, then the American business gets your amazing skills – if not, that’s just the luck of the lottery draw.

10. I’m an international student. Do I need to obtain an OPT before i apply for the Visa ?

Not necessarily. However, most F-1 students will find it advantageous to obtain Practical Training to begin working as soon as they are offered the job since cap subject employment may not start until October 1st, and since H-1B employment may not be possible due to the cap.

If you have any enquiries that are not addressed in the FAQs, please contact WorkVisas via email or telephone.