H1B Visas

Your Bridge to work in the USA?


The H1B visa is a non-immigrant visa designed to allow U.S. employers to recruit & employ foreign professionals in specialty occupations within the U.S.A. for a specified period of time.

The H-1B program provides the opportunity for foreign workers in specialty occupations to legally live and work in the U.S. for a total of 6 consecutive years, and entitles their spouses and children (under the age of 21) to accompany them and legally live in the U.S.A. on an H-4 visa.

The spouse and children have to obtain their own work visa for working.

Under H-1B visa requirements, the company, organization or the employer is the petitioner. The petitioner must file an H-1B petition for hiring the employee, while the foreign worker is the beneficiary.

Foreign individuals themselves cannot apply for an H-1B visa to allow themselves to work in the U.S. The number of H-1B visas issued each year is subject to an annual cap (known as H-1B cap) that is determined by the US Congress.

Foreign workers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. This requirement can usually be met by having a 3-year degree and 3 years of relevant post-graduate experience.


H1b Visas may be extended beyond their initial 3-year term to six years. Contact us for more information.


H-1b visas are freely transferrable and portable – it’s actually the law, contact us for transferring yours.


we don’t give a nickel’s worth of free advice – our lawyers concentrate on commercial visas, like the H1b.


A married H-1B can have his or her spouse also qualify to reside in the USA – call use for more on your case

H-1B Occupations that qualify:

H-1B visas typically require highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor including, but not limited to IT, Architecture, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Scientific Research, Social Science, Biotechnology, HealthCare/Medicine, Education, Law, Accounting, Business, Theology, Arts, Computing, Finance, Accounting, Banking, Marketing, Sales, Recruiting, and Telecommunication.

Aside from the requirement that the position be a specialty occupation, the employer must first file a Labor Condition Application (LCA), Form ETA 9035 or Form ETA 9035E, with the Department of Labor (DOL).

An employer filed LCA attests that the H1B visa worker is being paid the prevailing wage for the work being performed, and that employment of the foreign worker will not adversely affect the working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.

The initial H-1B visa may be issued for up to three years. It may then be extended in the first instance for up to two years, and later on for one year, for a maximum of 6 consecutive years. In some cases, the H-1B visa can be extended beyond the 6 year limit.

The H1B visa can also “recapture” time spent abroad while in H-1B status. If an alien opts to “recapture” time abroad, then periods of time spent not in the U.S. will NOT count against the 6 year limit of the H1B visa.

Contact our office for answers to your questions.

We are Specialized in H1B Visas Services

please contact us and we will be happy to advise.

Call Us

e-Mail Us


The Maxam building, 316 SW Adams St, Peoria, IL 61602.

Get a Free Immigration Strategy Session

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

13 + 11 =