Start YOUR U.S. Visa Process Today


Transfer your Visa – Can an H-1B visa holder change jobs? Yes!

Since 2000, current H-1B visa holders may transfer their visa and start work for a new employer as soon as an H-1B transfer petition is filed with USCIS by the new employer a/k/a sponsor. This means the visa holder does not have to wait until the transfer is issued by USCIS.

Bonus: H-1B transfers avoid the annual quota of only 85,000 visas issued by the lottery. * this means H-1B transfers can be filed at any time of the year.

 Under the H1B portability rules of the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act (AC21), a new employer can hire an existing H1B visa holder away from another company to start a new H-1B job, provided that the new employer follows the required procedures to file an H1B transfer visa application on behalf of the worker.

Call Us

e-Mail Us


The Maxam building, 316 SW Adams St, Peoria, IL 61602.

Get a Free Immigration Strategy Session

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

1 + 12 =